PDG Aviation Services is one of the leading helicopter operators in the UK and Ireland.
We are now looking to recruit a permanent full time Sales Aviation Specialist for our dynamic sales environment within the Commercial department based at Inverness Office. Acting as the primary point of contact for customers, the individual will co-ordinate all customer requests and quotations, offering a customer focused and responsive solution to an exciting variety of requests. This is a challenging role, working in a fast-paced industry, in which you will be monitoring real-time availability, industry trends and market dynamics.
- 35-hour Contract
- Monday to Friday, hours between 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Manage customer enquiries including the assessment and development of solutions, preparation of quotation and responding to availability requests.
- Develop, maintain, and manage relationships with customers and prospects including the ownership and update of Key Account plans, meetings, visits etc.
- Evaluate suitable aircraft types and capacities to provide customers with optimal solutions.
- Coordinate and collaboration with operations on crewing and aircraft availability.
- Manage customer and enquiry database and general administration activities related to the sales cycle process.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on our solutions capability to existing and prospective customers.
- Gather and maintain market activity and competitor analysis awareness via networking, researching and analysing the markets/sectors.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of the company's products and services.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as maintaining accurate customer records and processing transactions.
- Representing the company in a professional manner at various business events, conferences etc., as required from time to time.
- Delivery of a strong credible pipeline of opportunities.
- Produce statistics, reports, trends etc. in relation to customers and prospects.
- Demonstrable experience within a service orientated sales environment, holding at least 5 years in a customer facing environment.
- Understanding of the end-to-end sales process from customer engagement, understanding the customer needs and the customer buying process.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven commercial acumen with experience of identifying commercially viable opportunities.
- Attention to detail and a strong desire to find a solution to customer requirements.
- Advanced organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload accordingly.
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office systems (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a small team.
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of the Power, Rail and Renewables sectors preferrable, but not essential.
- Experience in an aviation sales or operational environment preferrable, but not essential.
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Programme
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org