PDG Aviation Services is one of the leading onshore helicopter operators in the UK and Ireland and we are recruiting Aerial Powerline Observers who, as essential crew, will carry out airborne critical infrastructure surveillance and monitoring services for the Distribution and Transmission Network companies, throughout the entire UK and Ireland.
Successful candidates will be joining a very select group of skilled Aerial Observers who work in close cooperation with our pilots to plan the patrols, navigate to and from tasking, conduct the powerline inspections, recording defects on our bespoke software package and the production of inspection reports.
This career may suit an experienced linesman who would like to apply their skills and experience in a new and exciting way.
Training in all aviation aspects of the role will be provided along with the opportunity to be trained to also operate our range of Thermal and Corona Discharge sensors.
- Low level power line patrols from 11kv to 400kv
- Thermal Image and Corona Inspections
- Foot Patrols
- Produce reports as required
- Work alongside pilots, remote from office, on own initiative
- Complete all tasks in a safe and cost-effective manner, and in compliance with PDG processes and procedures
- Flight coordination (direct pilots navigationally)
- Liaise with PDG Operations Department and Clients as required
- The right to work in the UK
- Full driving licence
- Overhead linesperson / Surveyor experience (Distribution or Transmission Network Operator preferable)
- Previous competency certifications
- Strong IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong navigation skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a small team
- Experience of digital mobile mapping software is preferred but not essential
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Programme
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday 3rd March.